Jun 24, 2013

REVIEW: 10 BLUSH PALETTE from Miss Bella PH

Hi everyone!

Are you a fan of blushes? Do you own a lot or are you like me who has like 2-3 blushes only? I love makeup but I tend to go for eye shadows and foundations. As for lipsticks, hmmmm..maybe 50-50. Hahah..Anyway, I'm here to talk about this blush palette that I purchased almost a month ago. If you want to know more about it, read on....


Name: 10 Blush Palette
Brought from: Miss Bella PH
Price: P500 (approx US$10)


(click the photo to to enlarge it)

Ingredients:
(click the photo to to enlarge it)

CLOSER LOOK:
(click the photo to to enlarge it)
The palette contains 10 blushes with 3 matte colors that are on the pinkish side and 7 shimmers shades that range from peachy to orange to pink. It comes in a thin, black, plastic case. I kind of expected it the have a mirror inside but unfortunately, it does not have one.

Swatches:
(click the photo to to enlarge it)
 As you can see, the colors are quite pigmented and they apply smoothly.  As I've mentioned, some color were matte and others have shimmers. My favorite color us #2 because it has this lovely rose pink that not only adds color to my cheeks but gives a subtle highlight as well. I find #3 to be too light or brownish to be a blush color, so I also use it as a highlighter.

(click the photo to to enlarge it)
The shades are wearable and compliments a variety of skin colors. The colors are quite versatile and can be used as blush/highlighter/ eyeshadow. As for lasting power, I'd say a good 2-3 hours. One thing I discovered recently is that if I put on my blush right after my foundation, the powder sticks on my skin better so it lasts longer. I then use a sponge to press the  setting powder on top my foundation making both my blush and foundation last longer. Plus, a setting spray will make it last longer too.

One downside of this product is that it is a little powdery so the product really sticks to the fibers of the brush and if not careful, you might end up applying too much resulting to a clown face. What I do is that I take tap the excess product of the brush before I pressing it to my face.
(click the photo to to enlarge it)
(click the photo to to enlarge it)
Here are some of my videos where I have used this product:

My Thoughts:


What I like:
- affordable
-comes in a variety of colors
-good color pay off
-no overwhelming smell
-has both shimmer and matte shades
-blends easily
-applies smoothly
-not bulky 

My issues:
-can be quite messy because of the fall off
-only lasts for 2-3 hours

Will I repurchase?
If I used them all up, I might buy one again.If they have other shades, I will definitely but them too.

Do I recommend it?
Yes of course!For the price, you will get 10 shades of blush. If you are like me, who is new to blushes, this is a good product to try because you'd be able to experiment with different colors without breaking your bank. For makeup artists, this is a good product to bring on photoshoots or events because of the variety of shades (given that your client is not too keen on using branded/high end products).

How about you?Are you blush person or not? Have you tried similar palettes like BH cosmetics and Coastal Scents ? Because  I think they look similar. Please do share your insights/opinions on the comment section below!

Take care!

-maia










2 comments:

  1. Great review! Love the swatches, nice to see that they're pigmented. I'm gonna be receiving this in the mail soon so I'm quite excited. :) I'm not much of a blush person, I currently own only 3 drugstore blushes. I'm more of a lipstick girl. Haha :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! I have like 2-3 blushes as well..hahaha they all look the same to me..haha

      Delete

Hi! I'd like to know what you think about my posts!!