Jul 13, 2013

REVIEW: REVLON LIP BUTTERS IN Macaroon and Strawberry Shortcake




Hi everyone!

I was going around our local SM department store when a sign caught my eye...it said "50% off on Revlon Lip butters". Being the "woman" that I am, my basic instinct to buy things that are on sale immediately kicked in  and I found walking towards the Revlon counter eager to try out which shades will work best  for me. I wanted to get the newer shades that came out but they were not on sale so I had to choose from their "old shades". I got two of them and I'm quite glad that I was finally able to try the famous lip butters from Revlon.

Name: REVLON LIP BUTTER
Shades: Macaroon and Strawberry Shortcake
Price: P525.00 (approx US$10-12) but I got them on sale for P262.5 (approx US$6) each
Bought from: SM Department Store, Revlon Counter



I bought Macaroon and Strawberry shortcake mainly because I kind of thought they will look good on me and I was looking for something that I can wear for everyday.





Both lipcolors came in similar packaging. The only difference was the color of the the cap, which I think is good because I can see what color the lipstick is and I can find it easily whenever I rummage my bag which can be a bit challenging if the lipstick case is in black.

Here are the swatches:


MACAROON:




At first, I was kinda hesitant to get this one because  when the saleslady swiped it on the back of my hand,  it looked too brownish plus it has some shimmer. But, the lady told me to try it on my lips and I immediately fell in love with it! It looked like "my-lips-but-better" which is perfect for everyday. The shimmer also adds shine and makes the lips look more plump. 

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE



Strawberry shortcake is a mauvey pink which reminds me of  Mauvey from Ever Bilena. I like this one too but it was a bit sheer so I had to swipe it on my lips a few times if I really want to get the color. However, one layer of this will give you a slight pink/light lilac color (depending on your lip color)  that is also perfect for everyday. I personally like just having a thin layer because it looks more natural and flatters my skin tone more. 


Overall thoughts:


This indeed feels like butter. I just love how it applies on my lips. Unlike other lipsticks that tend to flake when layered, this goes on like a dream. It is like using a lipgloss + balm + lipstick. It is not sticky at all and makes the lips feel soft, smooth  and hydrated. It will not bleed  and has a sweet "lipstick" smell that is not overwhelming. however, since it is a "lipbutter", it does not leave a stain, so on me, it lasts about 2-3 hours if I do not eat or drink. 

What I like:
- affordable (depends on your budget, I guess)
-lots of colors to choose from
- does not bleed
- nice smell
-hydrating to the lips
-no need to wear lip gloss

Some issues:
- can be sheer depending on what color you get
- lasts about 2-3 hours 
Tip: Use apply a lipliner before applying the lipbutter to make it last longer


All in all, I am in love with this lip butters. I will try to buy a few more on my payday (gotta work harder).They are great for everyday and I definitely recommend this to students and office workers who wants to wear lipstick but are kind of hesitant. These lipbutters are a great way to add color to your lips without looking too "made up", plus no need to wear lip balm!

So how about you? Have you tried these products?Which color did you get? I have been looking for the Wild wintermelon but it is still sold out. I also want to try Tutti fuitti and Peach parfait soon.

Thank you for reading my post.
Take care!

-maia

















6 comments:

  1. thank you for following me! great post :) I wish macaron was available in the US because it's a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just nominated you for the versatile blogger award and liebster award Maia ♥ Hope you can check it out!

    http://itsjessicachoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello there! thank you for nominating me and thank you for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. Both colors look great on you! Perfect for an everyday makeup look.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd like to know what you think about my posts!!